2013年8月26日星期一

Adebayor wants to 'kill' Arsenal's hopes of a top-four finish

The former Gunner admitted he no longer cares about the fortunes of his old team and has backed Spurs to qualify for the Champions League at the expense of their rivals Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has insisted that he is ready to "kill" Arsenal's hopes of Champions League football next season and he remains positive that Spurs can finish in the top four.Andre Villas-Boas' side currently sit a point behind their North London rivals with two games remaining following Wednesday's draw against Chelsea, which leaves Champions League qualification in Arsenal's hands. TOTTENHAM LATEST13/2Emmanuel Adebayor is 13/2 with BetVictor to open the scoring against StokeHowever, Adebayor, who plied his trade with the Gunners for three years, is adamant that their rivals will drop points and admitted he no longer cares about the fortunes of his former club."My head, my ­concentration, my focus, my life belongs to ­Tottenham. Arsenal was a different life. Now, I prefer Tottenham and ­everything belongs to Tottenham. I don’t care what Arsenal do, what they achieve. That’s not my Miami Dolphins jerseys Presentation ­problem anymore," he told The Mirror."If I can kill them, I will ­definitely kill them because we are in a game where you have to do your best for your team. And now I’m in ­Tottenham, I have to give ­everything to Tottenham."Of course, Arsenal can drop points. Why Dallas Cowboys jerseys Presentation not? They have dropped points throughout the season and they can drop points again now."Adebayor, who has scored four goals in 23 appearances for Tottenham this season, also emphasised the importance of retaining the belief that Spurs can qualify for the Champions League and not worrying about their rivals."We have two games more and if we talk more about Arsenal and Chelsea, Buffalo Bills jerseys Presentation that will kill us. We don’t have a choice, we have to beat Stoke and take six points from our last two games," he continued.“I don’t see why we can’t finish in the top four this year. We just have to keep the belief alive. No matter what, we have to get into the Champions League and I am positive we will.”

没有评论:

发表评论